Education and Training Voucher (ETV) funds are available to meet the postsecondary education training needs of youth who have experienced foster care and are enrolled in a qualified/accredited higher education program. In Georgia, through a contract with the Georgia Department of Family and Children’s Services, ETV funds are administered by the JW Fanning Institute for Leadership Development at the University of Georgia.
Primary Criteria: Youth must have been in foster care for at least 6 months (non-consecutive) and in care at 14 years of age or older (see additional criteria below). For youth who have achieved permanency through Guardianship or Adoption after the age of 16 - please contact your Independent Living Specialist in order to verify eligibility.
Visit the Georgia ILP website for more information and to find the Independent Living Specialist in your region.
Explore the Georgia ETV YouTube Channel for more information: Georgia ETV YouTube
Additional ETV criteria:
- students must attend an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Maximum of 5-years eligibility (no student can receive ETV for more than 5 years)
- funds may be used for a two or four year degree
- students must be between the ages of 18-25
- is based on fund availability
- ETV funds are ‘last dollar’ funds, meaning that all other sources of financial aid are applied first and ETV funds can be used to meet unmet need
- ETV Eligible students can receive...
- $5,000 per year (July 1st-June 30th)
- Chafee Stipends
- Student may be eligible to receive a $200 OR $400 per month stipend while participating in the ETV program
- Youth must coordinate participation through the State DFCS Independent Living Program Specialist
Designated Points of Contact in Georgia:
Each USG and TCSG has a Designated Point of Contact to provide connections and link to campus services on their campus. You can find more information about the Designated Points of Contact in Georgia here.
Questions: Contact your Independent Living Specialist directly. You can also contact the Georgia ETV team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every situation is different; any student seeking assistance with college experience is handled on an individual basis. This page provides basic information regarding broad guidelines and benefits
- The ETV program continues to be enhanced to improve the student experience - check back often for changes and updates