Education and Training Voucher (ETV) funds are available to meet the postsecondary education training needs of youth who have experienced foster care and are enrolled in a qualified/accredited higher education program. In Georgia, through a contract with the Georgia Department of Family and Children’s Services, ETV funds are administered by the JW Fanning Institute for Leadership Development at the University of Georgia.
Primary Criteria: Youth must have been in foster care for at least 6 months (non-consecutive) and in care at 14 years of age or older (see additional criteria below). For youth who have achieved permanency through Guardianship or Adoption after the age of 16 - please contact your Independent Living Specialist in order to verify eligibility.
Explore the Georgia ETV YouTube Channel for more information: Georgia ETV YouTube
Additional ETV criteria:
- students must attend an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Maximum of 5-years eligibility (no student can receive ETV for more than 5 years)
- funds may be used for a two or four year degree
- students must be between the ages of 18-25
- is based on fund availability
- ETV funds are ‘last dollar’ funds, meaning that all other sources of financial aid are applied first and ETV funds can be used to meet unmet need
- ETV Eligible students can receive...
- $5,000 per year (July 1st-June 30th)
- Chafee Stipends
- Student may be eligible to receive a $200 OR $400 per month stipend while participating in the ETV program
- Youth must coordinate participation through the State DFCS Independent Living Program Specialist
Designated Points of Contact in Georgia:
Each USG and TCSG has a Designated Point of Contact to provide connections and link to campus services on their campus. You can find more information about the Designated Points of Contact in Georgia here.
Questions: Contact your Independent Living Specialist directly. You can also contact the Georgia ETV team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every situation is different; any student seeking assistance with college experience is handled on an individual basis. This page provides basic information regarding broad guidelines and benefits
- The ETV program continues to be enhanced to improve the student experience - check back often for changes and updates